Assistive Technology Publications
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers, "Adding gestural text entry to input devices for people with motor impairments", Chapter 14 in J. Lazar (ed.), Universal Usability. New York: John Wiley & Sons, To appear.
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers. "Enabling Devices, Empowering People: The Design and Evaluation of Trackball EdgeWrite," Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technologies, special issue on Accessibility. To appear.
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers, "From Letters to Words: Efficient Stroke-based Word Completion for Trackball Text Entry", 8th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility, ASSETS'06, Portland, OR, Oct. 23-25, 2006. pp. 2-9. pdf
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers, and Duen Horng Chau, "In-stroke Word Completion". ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, UIST'06, October 15-18, 2006, Montreux, Switzerland. pp. 333-336.
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers, "Trackball Text Entry for People with Motor Impairments," Proceedings CHI'2006: Human Factors in Computing Systems. Montreal, Canada, April 22-27, 2006. pp. 479-488.
Winner, CHI 2006 Best Paper Award.
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers and Brandon Rothrock, "Few-key Text Entry Revisited: Mnemonic Gestures on Four Keys," Proceedings CHI'2006: Human Factors in Computing Systems. Montreal, Canada, April 22-27, 2006. pp. 489-492.
- Duen Horng Chau, Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers, Brandon Rothrock. "Integrating Isometric Joysticks into Mobile Phones for Text Entry". Extended Abstracts, CHI'2006. Montreal, Canada, April 22-27, 2006.
- Ivan E. Gonzalez, Jake Wobbrock, and Brad A. Myers. "Text Entry for Automobiles", ACM 2005 Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing Conference, Albuquerque, NM, October 19-22, 2005. (Poster presentation, Abstract only).
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers. "Gestural text entry on multiple devices." Demonstration Abstract. Proceedings of the ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS '05). Baltimore, Maryland (October 9-12, 2005). pp. 184-185.
- Brad Myers and Jacob Wobbrock. "Text Input to Handheld Devices for People with Physical Disabilities." 11th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI Interactional 2005)
. July 22-27, 2005. Las Vegas, NV. vol. 4, pp. 1962-1970. pdf
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers. "EdgeWrite: A New Text Entry Technique Designed for Stability." Proceedings of the 28th Annual Conference of the Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA'05). Atlanta, Georgia (June 23-27, 2005).
- Jacob O. Wobbrock and Brad A. Myers. "Accessible Handheld And Desktop Text Entry For People With Motor Impairments," 2005 NISH National Training & Achievement Conference, New Orleans, May 22-24, 2005. First place Winner, National Scholar Award for Workplace Innovation & Design.
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Htet Htet Aung, Brandon Rothrock and Brad A. Myers. "Maximizing the Guessability of Symbolic Input" (Short Talk). Extended Abstracts CHI'2005: Human Factors in Computing Systems. Portland, OR, April 2-7, 2005. pp. 1869-1872. pdf.
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers, and Htet Htet Aung. "Writing with a Joystick: A Comparison of Date Stamp, Selection Keyboard, and EdgeWrite," Graphics Interface GI'2004. Canadian Human-Computer Communications Society. May 17-19, 2004, London, Ontario, Canada. pp. 1-8. pdf
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers, and John Kembel. "EdgeWrite: A High-Accuracy Stylus Text Entry Method," CHI Letters: ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, UIST'03, Nov. 2-5, 2003, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. pp. 61-70. pdf
- Jacob O. Wobbrock, Brad A. Myers, and Scott E. Hudson. "Exploring Edge-based Input Techniques for Handheld Text Entry". International Workshop on Smart Appliances and Wearable Computing. IWSAWC 2003. In the Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCS'03). May 19-22, 2003, Providence, Rhode Island. pp. 280-282. pdf
- Jacob O. Wobbrock. "The Benefits of Physical Edges in Gesture-Making: Empirical Support for an Edge-Based Unistroke Alphabet." Extended Abstracts of the ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '03). Ft. Lauderdale, FL, April 2003. pp. 942-943. pdf or ACM
- Brad A. Myers, Jacob O. Wobbrock, Sunny Yang, Brian Yeung, Jeffrey Nichols, and Robert Miller. "Using a Handheld to Help People with Motor Impairments". Fifth International ACM SIGCAPH Conference on Assistive Technologies; ASSETS 2002. July 15-17, 2002. Edinburgh, Scotland. pp. 89-96. Adobe Acrobat (pdf) or html
A new assistive text entry method for handheld devices designed to provide
high accuracy and stability of motion for people with motor impairments.
It is also more
accurate than Graffiti for people without motor impairments.
Download & More Info
A word prediction version of this software is available for download.
Download | More